From the article: The Best Food Festivals, Food Events and Wine Tastings 2013
Every month, there are dozens of fantastic food festivals, food events and wine tastings all around the world. What's your favorite? Why do you love it? Let us all know here! Share Your Fave Event
3rd Annual Taste of the Pier & Boardwalk
- October 14, 2012 12:00pm- 4:00pm Redondo Pier, 100 Fisherman's Wharf, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 The Redondo Pier Association is pleased to announce the 3rd Annual Taste of The Pier. This popular event includes food tastings, bands, free balloons, face painting, arts and crafts, and more. Visitors can enjoy a variety of small bites, live music presented and family fun while touring the pier and boardwalk. Each restaurant will feature a different menu item and non-food retailers will offer other discounts and items in support of the Redondo Beach Educational Foundation and Cancer Support Community. Free to attend -Tasting Tickets - $1.00 each Receive one entry to win pier prize giveaways when you purchase 10 tickets. Live music on the stage at the end of the pier over the water. www.redondopier.com
Farm to Fork! The Puna Culinary Festival
- The Puna Culinary Festival is unique amongst culinary festivals in that it includes sustainable farm tours and market tours along with cooking classes and locavore tasting events. Classes and workshops include "Cooking with Unusual Produce," a "Behind-the-Scenes Luau," and "Shaman in the Kitchen" with respected Huna Kapuna and talented chef, Stewart Blackburn. The festival is set on the beautiful Big Island of Hawaii, along the largest conservation coast in the state. Puna is famous for sustainable, off-the-grid living, and the rainforest nurtures an incredible array of produce. Join us and savor a truly unusual culinary festival experience - in paradise! Visit http://www.kalani.com/culinary-festival for all the details.
Taste of the Eastside
- Once a year, the Taste of the Eastside brings Los Angeles community members together at Los Feliz’s Barnsdall Art Park to celebrate the delicious and diverse food of the chefs and restaurants of the Eastside. On Sunday, May 6, 2012, the festival invites Angelenos to sink their teeth into an array of delicious and local dishes brought to them by an impressive roster of local artisans and eateries while benefitting the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, Barnsdall Art Park, Rose Scharlin Nursery School and SEE Los Angeles. With a mission of teaching about community sharing and local food, the festival includes a variety of activities including food tastings, VIP cooking demonstrations, guest chef demonstrations and entertainment courtesy of DJ Garth Trinidad. http://tasteoftheeastside.com/
- —Guest LisaBBPR
Beaufort Food & Wine Weekend
- As tasting local wines has been identified as a top trend in 2012, the Crystal Coast invites wine and food connoisseurs to wine and dine at the 8th annual Beaufort Food & Wine Weekend - April 25 - 29, 2012 - along North Carolina's Southern Outer Banks. With wine pairings and delectable spreads the town of Beaufort, recently named by Budget Travel as "America's Coolest Small Town," brings coastal charm to life showcasing historic home dinners, grand Vin de Mer outdoor tasting village and gala events all set amidst the backdrop of a 300-year-old quaint seaport town. From viewing exquisite one-of-a-kind artwork from this year's featured artist Kevin Le Prince and dining on "fresh from the docks seafood" to participating in hands-on cooking demonstrations and having a front row seat at the Bartender's Cocktail Challenge, this will be a weekend sure to leave a lasting impression. For more information, please visit www.crystalcoastnc.org
Come to the Sun Valley Harvest Festival
- September 21-23 Sun Valley, Idaho will host hundreds of foodies traveling far and wide to enjoy unique recipes, learn from internationally recognized chefs and soak in the atmosphere at the premier food event of the season. With a sweet spot for locally grown and harvested products, the Festival features everything from herbs and vegetables to wines and spirits regionally produced in Idaho and the Northwest. The Festival will also highlight Sun Valley's extensive and eclectic restaurant scene from superior organic cuisine to local culinary delights. September is one of the most beautiful times of the year to be in Sun Valley, you won’t be disappointed by the amazing people and events that await you. For more information visit http://www.sunvalleyharvestfestival.com/ and on FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/SunValleyHarvestFestival
- —Guest Sun Valley Harvest Festival
Clitheroe Food Festival 2012
- Saturday 4th August 2012. A FREE to enter 'proper' food festival with ticketed activities. 15,000 came to our first food festival last year - and what an event that was! We were voted 2nd runner up as Best Tourism Event by the NW public! This year we take it to another level with Matthew Fort, Andrew Nutter, Nigel Haworth and Paul Heathcote joining the calvalcade. ALL are ambassadors for the red rose county's food and drink producers. The festivals aim is simple 'to showcase ONLY the finest of Lancashire's food and drink producers', we screen each one to check that their core ingredient provenance is from the county. With fringe events such as tutored tastings, master classes, competitions, wine schools, food foraging, fishing lessons, childrens activities all food based, we really have got a true Lancashire market town event for you. Come and join us. www.clitheroefoodfestival.co.uk Why not stay the weekend and take in our award winning Ribble Valley Food Trail too!
- —Guest The Festival Coordinator
Mammoth Food & Wine Experience
- "Educate Your Palate" July 6 and 7 2012, when the Mammoth Food & Wine Experience returns to beautiful Mammoth Lakes, CA in the Eastern Sierra. A two-day celebration of food and wine that includes 30 wineries pouring 120+ wines; approximately 30 food and wine seminars to choose from; a People's Choice "Great Outdoors Cooking Competition" featuring five culinary schools and a "Dream Team" of celebrity chefs; private Friday night wine dinners in local restaurants and private homes; a Saturday night Grand Tasting that includes silent and live auctions, cooking competition, tastings, and entertainment all in support of education and the arts in the Eastern Sierra. Beautiful scenery, tasty food, delightful wines, engaging seminars, a worthy cause. Email: email@example.com Tel: 760-934-3781 Website: www.mammothfoodandwine.org
Blue Chip Brewfest
- The Stardust Event Center at Blue Chip Casino plays host to the second annual Blue Chip Brewfest from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on 4/14, where top microbreweries from around the nation will gather to showcase the unique flavors of their different brews. You'll get a chance to sample from the breweries of Boston Beer Company, Bells, New Belgium, Greenbush, New Holland, Upland and many, many more. VIP Admission: $55 VIP includes access to limited release beers paired with food from 12 noon to 1 pm. Also includes complimentary pint glass, bottle opener, t-shirt and lanyard. Tickets on sale now at Ticketmaster.com or you can visit the Blue Chip Gift Box! Participating Breweries: Abita Brewing Company Anchor Brewing Company Ayinger Brauerei Back Road Brewery Bare Hands Brewery Barley Island Brewing Company Bee Creek Brewery Bells Brewery Bitburger Brewery Blue Moon Brewing Company Bluegrass Brewing Company The Boston Beer Company Boulevard Brewing Company Brasserie LeFebvre Brewe
- —Guest Robin Fischer
Steamboat Wine Festival
- The Steamboat Wine Festival is a premier destination event where master winemakers, culinary greats, and our distinguished guests gather to play, wine, and dine. Experience more than 100 food artisans, wineries, breweries, distilleries, epicurean purveyors and locally-made products at the ultimate food and wine experience. There is something for everyone – from food and wine tastings, to seminars and cooking demonstrations, to outdoor adventures with food & wine influences, there are tastes and temptations at every turn. http://steamboatwinefestival.com/
- —Guest Katie Schultze
California's Autumn Armenian Food Bazaar
- Fresno's historic First Armenian Presbyterian Church is the site of the November 17, 2011 Merchants' Lunch and Country Store. The annual harvest season celebration is open to the public and will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Church Campus, 430 South First Street at Huntington Boulevard, near downtown Fresno. Lunch is $12 per person and will include seasoned lulu kebab, rice pilaf, cheese boureg, garden salad, pickled tourshee, fresh peda bread, paklava de’Anatolia. The Country Store will sell the sourcebook of the classic recipes, "A Hundred Years and Still Cooking," for $35. The culinary compendium was first reviewed in the January 14, 1998 edition of The Los Angeles Times. FAPC is California's oldest Armenian religious institution and the childhood congregation of authors William Saroyan and A.I. Bezzerides. The 2011 theme of the congregation is "A New Community." More information is available by calling (559) 237-6638 or visiting http://www.fapc.net.
- —Guest P Tavlian
- Gilroy Garlic Festival usually last week in July Strawberry Festival in Oxnard California usually in July (I think) Avocado Festival in Temecula, Ca
Heston Blumenthal and Jancis Robinson
- Heston Blumenthal and Jancis Robinson Monday 9 May 2011 Queen Elizabeth Hall Southbank Centre Sherry tasting 6pm onwards, talk from 7.30pm Join Heston Blumenthal, creator of The Fat Duck and Dinner at The Mandarin Oriental, and Jancis Robinson, Financial Times wine correspondent, as they host an evening devoted to the pleasures of afternoon tea and sherry. Tickets from £45 See southbankcentre.co.uk for full details and to book, or call 0844 875 0073.
2nd Annual HALL Cabernet Cookoff!
- Professional chef teams and amateur home cooks will serve up dishes paired perfectly with HALL Cabernet Sauvignon and compete to win money for their favorite Napa Valley non-pro fits. Taste each dish, vote for your favorites and enjoy incredible wines! Food, wine, music and more all included. For more information, please visit: http://www.cabernetcookoff.com
Food Network Wine and Food Festivals
- I was at both the South Beach and the Atlantic City events in 2010 and already planned on attending in 2011. They were both great and I highly recommend them. Marcia http://www.WineAndSpiritsTravel.com
Reedsburg Fermentation Fest
- Reedsburg Fermentation Fest: A Live Culture Convergence Reedsburg, Wisconsin Start date: October 22, 2010 End date: December 3, 2010 Description: Sourdough bread and butter, cheese and beer, sauerkraut and pickles. There’s plenty to taste and food for thought from cooks, canners, brewmasters and authors. A series of culinary programs offered mostly over the weekends related to foods that are fermented or produced with live cultures, such as pickles, beer and sourdough bread. This six-week-long live culture convergence features the Smithsonian’s Key Ingredients: America by Food exhibit at the Woolen Mill Gallery in downtown Reedsburg; the exhibit explores the connections between Americans and the foods they produce, prepare, preserve, and present at the table. Tel: 800-844-3507 Website: http://www.wormfarminstitute.org/FFindex.html
- —Guest John Ivanko
International Biscuit Festival
- The second annual International Biscuit Festival, being held May 27 and 28, in downtown Knoxville Tennessee, celebrates the glory of that most Southern and sumptuous baked good! Gourmet breakfasts, biscuit tastings, baking competitions, the Miss Biscuit pageant, live music and nightly concerts make this the hottest and most delectable festival in existence!